When you connect your HP printer to Windows 10, you’ll be prompted to input your “WPS pin on your HP Printer.” This WPS Pin will assist you in connecting your HP printer to a wireless network. WPS Technology is used by HP printers to connect to wireless devices. WPS is a wireless connection that is safer, quicker, and more secure than a USB connection.
You’ll need to locate WPS Pin on HP Printer in order to connect to any other device. This HP printer technology may be utilized by simply connecting the wireless printer to a personal device using a WPS PIN Code, either over a wired network or through your wireless router, and printing documents quickly.
What exactly is a WPS Pin?
WPS Pin stands for “Wi-Fi Protected Setup,” and it’s an 8-digit number created by an HP printer for wireless network connections. It is essentially a wireless network security standard in technical terms. It also aids in the faster and easier connectivity of wireless devices to a router. WPS is only compatible with wireless networks that employ a password and encrypt the password using the WPA2 Personal or WPA Personal security protocols. The WPS button makes the connecting procedure more easier.
How to Locate the WPS Pin on an HP Printer
“How and where to discover WPS pin on HP printer” is now the question. WPS Pin is located on the printer screen in most HP printer models. HP envy 4520 and HP Officejet 4650 are two examples of such printers. The WPS pin is written on the screen if you look closely. However, other HP printers, such as the HP Deskjet printer series, do not feature a screen. Let’s look at the different connection types for screen and nonscreen printers to figure out how to handle this.
WPS Connection Types for HP Printers
To connect the printer wirelessly, look for one of the WPS settings below on any HP printer.
- Push Button for WPS (For non-screen Printers)
- WPS Pin (Wireless Power Supply) ( For Screen enabled Printers)
Using the WPS Push Button, connect your HP printer.
- After hitting the Wireless or Settings Button on your HP Printer’s control panel, a Blue Light will begin to flicker.
- Select “WiFi Protected Setup” from the menu, and then follow the instructions on the printer screen.
- After that, choose “WPS Button” from the drop-down menu. The printer will then instruct you to hit the WPS button on the wireless router.
- After hitting the WPS button on the router, walk over to the printer and push continue to establish a wireless connection.
- The printer will now be ready to use after the connection has been established.
Follow the procedures below if you’re using an HP printer with a screen and a WPS Push button.
- Before continuing on to the following step, make sure the printer is turned on.
- Press the Wireless Button on the HP printer control panel or screen.
- The Wireless BLUE light will now begin to blink.
- The option “WiFi Protected Setup” may be seen on the printer’s interface.
- Select “Push Button” under “WiFi Protected Setup.”
- Go to your wireless router and turn it on.
- A WPS Button may be found on the rear of your router.
- For 3-4 seconds, press and hold the WPS button.
- The WPS light on the router will begin to flicker.
- Wait for 2 to 3 minutes. The printer and router lights both cease flashing.
- Take a look at the “Connection Established” message on the printer’s screen.
- With the WPS Button, the printer is now linked to the wireless network.
Using the WPS Pin, connect your HP printer.
- Go to your HP Printer’s control panel and then to the Settings after hitting the Wireless button.
- You should follow the steps on the screen after tapping the WiFi Protected Setup.
- You will now be required to enter a PIN, which you should do. WPS PIN will appear on the screen when you do so.
- The next step is to get to the wireless access point or wireless router’s setup tool or software. After that, you must enter your WPS PIN.
- After the setup is complete, go to All Programs and open the HP Printer Folder. Go to Printer Setup and Software after that. Then select “Connect a New Printer” from the drop-down menu. You may easily install the Network Printer Driver this way.
- Congratulation The WPS Pin has been created, and your HP printer is now linked to your Windows 10 PC wirelessly.